This is a private page for our Core Volunteers.
Facebook – Invite Friends to Like the Caring House page
How to invite your friends to Like the Caring House Facebook page
- Go to the Caring House Facebook page = www.facebook.com/YourCaringHouse/
- Below the top photo of the house, click on the . . . button (see image –>)
- Select Invite Friends
- Click Search All Friends to select a list, or enter a friend’s name in the search box
- Click Invite next to the friends you want to invite
Note: Page invites can be found by going to your Invites tab.
The official Facebook instructions on this are at = www.facebook.com/help/174333482624856
Facebook – Check In when you are at Caring House
How to check in to tell people you are at Caring House
Note, this only works when you are at Caring House, using your mobile device
- Go to Facebook on your mobile device
- Scroll to the top of your News Feed or Profile
- Near the Whats on your mind? you’ll find the Check In choice
- Click on the Check In choice
- When it asks “Where Are You?” click on Caring House, Incorporated, 2842 El Dorado St.
- In the “What’s on your mind” field, you can (it’s optional) say something about what you are doing or about Caring House
- Select an audience for your post
- Click Post
The official Facebook instructions on this are at = www.facebook.com/help/174846215904356
Nextdoor – Share information about Caring House and your involvement
How to tell people about Caring House
- Sign in to your nextdoor.com account
- On left side of the page click Recommendations
- In the Top categories section, click Browse all
- Choose a category. Four that look useful are Organization, Personal care, Family and parenting and Local cause
- There are sub-categories, for instance under Organization we would be a Community organization
- Click the Add new button [green button, upper right center] and provide your comments
It’s best to use your own words. Tell about the house and your involvement. Here’s some factual information you can use that we need to be consistent on (you can cut and paste from it).
- Caring House is an IRC 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Tax id = 20-2201206.
- Caring House is located at 2842 El Dorado Street, Torrance, CA 90503
- The phone number is 310-796-6625. For admissions use extension 2. For volunteering and office use extension 1.
- Caring House is the first and only non-medical home in Los Angeles County totally focuses on end-of-life care.
- Caring House welcomes men and women in the last weeks and days of their lives.
- Caring House welcomes men and women who are receiving hospice services.
- Caring House is volunteer-originated, professionally-staffed and volunteer-supported.
- Caring House revenues come from resident/family payments and from donations.
- The website is yourcaringhouse.org [don’t forget the your].
- The Facebook page is www.facebook.com/YourCaringHouse/