Volunteers make Caring House better!
Once you review the information below, please complete our Volunteer Interest Form and someone will be in touch.
Volunteers are key to the success of Caring House. We strive to match each volunteer’s interests and skills with our needs, so the volunteer assignment benefits everyone involved.
Regular Volunteer Assignments:
- Caregiver Assistance: Support our caregivers as they care for our residents. This includes helping with meal preparation, feeding, repositioning, changing, etc., as well as covering meal breaks. Experience as a hands-on caregiver or in the medical field is a plus, but not required.
- Home Sweet Home: Help with duties around the home, including cleaning, laundry, shopping, welcoming guests, etc.
- Holistic Therapies: Support our residents, families, staff and volunteers with healing touch, reiki, music, and other complementary therapies.
- Comfort and Support (Credentialed): Read to, talk with and sit with residents. Offer comfort and support to residents, families, staff and volunteers; pastoral, spiritual care.
As-needed Volunteer Assignments:
- Gardening: Beautification and maintenance of our gardens.
- Fix-It: Maintenance/repair around our home and grounds.
- Administration: Office work, including mailings, data entry, organization, etc.
- Fundraising and Special Events: Assistance with fundraising and other events, including securing in-kind donations, staffing events, volunteer recognition, and related needs.
- Remember the Life: Crafting stories about our residents’ lives based on information provided by the resident and loved ones (with permission).
- Outreach: Assistance with our community education programs, including outreach in the community.
All volunteers must be at least 18 years old. To meet insurance and licensing requirements, Caring House volunteers must meet the following:
- Good Health Attestation for any volunteer.
- Live Scan Background Check for any volunteer who will be at the property repeatedly (whether inside or outside the house). There is a charge for the service, roughly $35. We ask that you pay the charge. You can deduct it as an out-of-pocket cost of volunteering – or ask for Caring House to reimburse you after you have completed 100 hours of volunteer service at Caring House.
- TB Clearance for all volunteers assisting caregivers and/or providing holistic therapies whose activities involve physically touching a resident.
Parking is available in the parking lot of the First Christian Church of Torrance (Blue Church) at the intersection of Onrado St. and Felbar Ave.
Parking in the Caring House driveway is only for transporting our residents or brief use for Caring House operations. We ask that you do not park on the street in our neighborhood.
Thank you for parking in the church parking lot. Being a good neighbor is very important to us.
Are You Interested?
Please complete our Volunteer Interest Form and someone will be in touch.
Caring House is truly a project for our community by our community.