Snag gone, concrete poured

We’d hit a snag

When we did the demolition, we found that our back bedroom area didn’t have an existing footing (a mystery). And it made sense to pour more concrete because of a drainage issue on the other side of the house. These required plan changes with the City. Bottom line, it took us longer than we’d hoped to be able┬áto pour concrete for the new bedrooms at the rear of the house, and that put us in a bit of a holding pattern.

Snag gone, concrete poured today

The concrete truck and pump and the smoothing expert were here bright and early today, along with Contractor Dave and his crew. Poured the concrete for the back bedrooms and finished off the forms for three outside access points. Take a look at the photos. A bit more pouring to do, but now we can move ahead with more framing, plumbing and electrical.