Seeking an LVN to join our capable and compassionate care team (Torrance/South Bay)
Imagine a place of peace, a home to spend final days surrounded by love and support. Imagine a place where family members and friends are freed from care duties and get to spend their energy supporting and connecting with their loved one, and each other. Caring House is that place.
Caring House is a residential home completely focused on end-of-life needs, with care for those who are dying and support for their families and loved ones. We’re improving the end of life experience for men, women and families as the first and only non-medical end of life home in the Los Angeles area. Typically, our residents are on hospice and have a remaining life expectancy of 45 days or less.
We are seeking a capable and compassionate LVN to join our care team and contribute to an environment of warmth, safety, security and support for our residents and their families during this special time. You will be collaborating with staff, volunteers and each residents’ visiting medical team.
- Evening: 3 pm – 11 pm
- Night: 11 pm – 7 am
- Routine scheduled evening and night shifts (varies, scheduled in advance)
- Fill-in coverage for vacations, days off, and medical leaves (varies, scheduled in advance)
- Fill-in coverage for emergency call-outs. Can be full or partial shift (scheduled same day)
- Partial shifts vary in availability and last a minimum of 4 hours
- personal care: bathing, changing, feeding, hygiene
- laundry, changing linens
- medication assistance and monitoring for change in condition
- cooking, baking and meal preparation
- comfort, support, and companionship for resident, family and loved ones
- LVN – current vocational nursing licensure
- Good physical health, ability to lift/transfer
- Obtain/maintain cleared TB or chest x-ray and physical within the last 6 months
- Obtain/maintain background check with Live Scan, DOJ and FBI clearance (we will provide if needed)
- Obtain/maintain First Aid and CPR certifications (we will provide if not previously obtained)
- Speak, read and write English clearly
- Minimum of 6 months direct care experience with bed-bound individuals requiring full care
- Three references (work or personal)
- Prior hospice/end-of-life experience
- High school diploma
Click to download or print this posting.
Interested or have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Search for: LVN, LVNs, Hiring, Job, Jobs, Career, Careers, Caregiver, Caregivers