Caring House is located at 2842 El Dorado Street, Torrance, CA 90503, south of Torrance Boulevard and east of Maple Avenue, in the City Hall/Madrona area of Torrance. We prefer if our visitors park in the parking lot at First Christian Church (blue church) at the intersection of Onrado St. and Felbar Ave., just a short walk west of Caring House. Click here for more details.
Visiting Hours and Arrangements
Visiting hours are from 8 am to 8 pm, seven day a week.
- Visits must be scheduled with our Caregiver team in advance. Please call (310) 796-6625 extension 3 to schedule a visit.
- Only two people may visit Caring House at a time. All visits will be 60 minutes or less.
- Click here to learn more about special visitation rules related to COVID-19.
Meeting with visitors may be tiring for a resident. There may be times when a visit is not advisable. We recommend that visitors check ahead about the best time for visiting out of respect for all residents and to maintain a peaceful home.
Calling a Resident
The quality of mobile phone reception in our neighborhood varies. To leave a “landline” phone message for a resident or visitor at Caring House, call 310-796-6625 extension 3. Our caregivers can pass along a message.
We have dedicated personal electronic devices for each resident to utilize in the comfort and safety of their room. Residents will be assisted in using video and audio calling to reach loved ones. Calls must be set up in advance with our caregiving staff, and will require participants to have email to receive invitations.
We are in a residential neighborhood with limited parking. We try to save the two spaces on the street in front of Caring House for family and hospice visitors. Click here for more information about where you can park to help us respect our neighborhood and neighbors.
As a visitor to Caring House, we need your help!
Caring House is part of a calm and peaceful residential neighborhood. We respect our neighborhood, and we strive to treat it and our neighbors well.
We ask all Caring House employees, volunteers, residents and visitors to help us treat our neighborhood and neighbors with respect as well.
- Parking: Be a Parking Angel and park only in the Gold Zones (click here for details).
- Be Friendly: Our neighborhood is friendly! When walking to and from the house, we welcome you to smile and say hello.
- Quiet: When talking with others in person or on a mobile phone, please do it quietly, so no one more than 3 feet away can hear you. Please also close car doors quietly, start cars without revving, and only honk horns in an emergency.
- Group meetings: Feel free to use the Caring House sitting areas and conference room in order to avoid gathering in front of neighborhood homes.
- Trash: If you find trash on the Caring House property or in the street, please put it in a waste barrel. We keep our own trash (including cigarette butts) with us and dispose of it properly in a public waste barrel, at home or at Caring House.
- Smoking: Caring House is a smoke-free property. Please smoke only while walking and never near a neighbor’s home for more than a few seconds.
- Safety: Please take notice of anyone acting suspiciously in the neighborhood. When in doubt, call the police.