Caring House is located at 2842 El Dorado Street, Torrance, CA 90503, south of Torrance Boulevard and east of Maple Avenue, in the City Hall/Madrona area of Torrance. We prefer if our visitors park in the parking lot at First Christian Church (blue church) at the intersection of Onrado St. and Felbar Ave., just a short walk west of Caring House. Click here for more details.
Arranging a Visit / Visiting
Meeting with visitors may be tiring for a resident, and there may be times when a visit is not advisable. We ask that visitors call ahead about the best time to visit out of respect for all residents and to maintain a peaceful home.
- Visits must be scheduled with our Caregiver team in advance. Please call (310) 796-6625 extension 3 to schedule a visit.
- Visiting hours have temporarily changed. They are currently 9 am – 6 pm daily.
- Only two people may visit Caring House at a time, and visits may be for 60 minutes or less.
- Visitors must show proof of vaccination and a negative COVID test, per updated guidance (effective through 2/7/22)
- Must be boosted, if eligible* (indoor visitors only)
- Must have proof of a negative COVID test (indoor and outdoor visitors)
- PCR test result within two days of visit
- Antigen (Rapid) test result within one day of visit
- If you plan to use an at-home test, please bring it with you and complete it at the table outside our entryway, so we can verify the results.
*Booster Eligibility: Pfizer/Moderna – 5 months after completing the primary series; Johnson & Johnson – 2 months after receiving vaccination
Click here for more visitor policies and procedures related to COVID-19.
Calling a Resident
The quality of mobile phone reception in our neighborhood varies. To leave a phone message for a Caring House resident or visitor, please call 310-796-6625 extension 3. Our caregivers can pass along these messages.
We have dedicated personal electronic devices for each resident to utilize in the comfort and safety of their room. Residents will be assisted in using video and audio calling to reach loved ones. Calls must be set up in advance with our caregiving staff, and will require participants to have email to receive invitations.
We are in a residential neighborhood with limited parking. We try to save the two spaces on the street in front of Caring House for family and hospice visitors. Click here for more information about where you can park to help us respect our neighborhood and neighbors.
As a visitor to Caring House, we need your help!
Caring House is part of a calm and peaceful residential neighborhood. We respect our neighborhood, and we strive to treat it and our neighbors well.
We ask all Caring House employees, volunteers, residents and visitors to help us treat our neighborhood and neighbors with respect as well.
- Parking: Be a Parking Angel and park only in the Gold Zones (click here for details).
- Be Friendly: Our neighborhood is friendly! When walking to and from the house, we welcome you to smile and say hello.
- Quiet: When talking with others in person or on a mobile phone, please do it quietly, so no one more than 3 feet away can hear you. Please also close car doors quietly, start cars without revving, and only honk horns in an emergency.
- Group meetings: Feel free to use the Caring House sitting areas and conference room in order to avoid gathering in front of neighborhood homes.
- Trash: If you find trash on the Caring House property or in the street, please put it in a waste barrel. We keep our own trash (including cigarette butts) with us and dispose of it properly in a public waste barrel, at home or at Caring House.
- Smoking: Caring House is a smoke-free property. Please smoke only while walking and never near a neighbor’s home for more than a few seconds.
- Safety: Please take notice of anyone acting suspiciously in the neighborhood. When in doubt, call the police.