Caring House is located at 2842 El Dorado Street, Torrance, CA 90503. That’s South of Torrance Boulevard and East of Maple Avenue, in the Torrance City Hall / Madrona area of Torrance. Parking is in the First Christian Church (Blue Church) parking lot at the intersection of Onrado St. and Felbar Ave. (see below).
General visiting hours are 9 am to 8 pm, seven days a week. Visitors are expected to respect and be sensitive to the rights of all residents and not interfere with care schedules and established activities.
Check ahead about the best time to visit
Meeting with visitors may be tiring for a resident. There may be times when a visit is not advisable. We recommend that visitors check ahead about the best time for visiting, out of respect for all residents and to maintain a peaceful home.
Telephoning a Resident
The quality of mobile phone reception in our neighborhood varies. To leave a “landline” telephone message for a resident or visitor at Caring House, call 310-796-6625 extension 3. Our Caregivers can pass along a message.
Parking is in the parking lot of the First Christian Church of Torrance (Blue Church) at the intersection of Onrado St. and Felbar Ave. The lot is about 300 strides (15 calories) away from the house.
Parking in the Caring House driveway is only for transporting our residents or brief use for Caring House operations. Parking on the street in front of Caring House is for short-term use of visiting hospice staff. Otherwise, we do not park on the street in our neighborhood.
Thank you for parking at the Blue Church. Being a good neighbor is very important to us.
As a visitor to Caring House, we need your help
Caring House is part of a calm and peaceful residential neighborhood. We intend to keep it that way. We respect our neighborhood and strive to treat it and our neighbors well.
We remind all Caring House employees, volunteers, residents and visitors that each of us is responsible for treating our neighborhood and neighbors well. Examples of what being a good neighbor looks like,
- Parking: Park only in the parking lot of the Blue Church (see above).
- Be Friendly: When we’re walking and see a neighbor on the street, we smile and say hello.
- Quiet: When we talk with others in person or on a mobile phone, we do it quietly (so no one more than 3 feet away can hear us). We close car doors quietly, start cars without revving and honk horns only in an emergency.
- Group meetings: We use the Caring House sitting areas and conference room and avoid gatherings in front of neighbor homes.
- Trash: If we find trash on the Caring House property or in the street, we put it in a waste barrel. We keep our own trash (including cigarette butts) with us and dispose of it properly in a public waste barrel, at home or at Caring House.
- Smoking: Caring House is a smoke-free property. Smoking happens only while walking and never near a neighbor’s home more than a few seconds.
- Safety: We notice anyone acting suspiciously in the neighborhood. When in doubt, we call the police.