We serve residents who are nearing the ends of their lives, and we want them to be able to have visitors. We must also protect all of our residents, visitors and staff from infection. We’ve developed the following approaches, which are subject to change by Caring House in our sole discretion and without prior notice.
- Visits must be scheduled with our Caregiver team in advance. Please call (310) 796-6625 extension 3 to schedule a visit.
- Visiting hours are from 8 am to 8 pm, seven day a week.
- Visitors must show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test within 72 hours of their visit upon entering Caring House.
- Only two people may visit Caring House at a time. All visits will be 60 minutes or less.
A Visitor Should Expect
- Upon arrival at the house, each visitor will be screened with a series of questions and a temperature check.
- We are screening for COVID-19 exposure and potential symptoms, as well as proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test within the last 72 hours.
- If a visitor does not meet the requirements to enter the house, they will be turned away and encouraged to utilize an electronic form of communication.
- Upon entry to the house each visitor will be required to:
- Sanitize their hands
- Wear a mask (their own or one provided by us)
- Provide Caregiver with their name/sign in
- At the end of each visit, the visitor should promptly leave the house, so that we may sanitize and prepare for other visitors.
If a resident begins to display symptoms related to COVID-19, that resident will be quarantined and that resident’s visitors will be limited to essential care personnel. We will inform other residents’ visitors of the potential for exposure, and they may choose whether to continue visiting.
If a resident is confirmed to have active COVID-19, that resident will be quarantined and we will discontinue visits to all residents, except by essential care personnel, until further notice.
We have dedicated personal electronic devices for each resident to utilize in the comfort and safety of their room. Residents will be assisted in using video and audio calling to reach loved ones. Calls must be set up in advance with our Caregiver team and will require participants to have email to receive invitations.