This is a private page for scheduling our Lunch @ Caring House program.
It doesn’t show up on the Site Map or any menu. Please keep the page private. You can get back to it with this link: yourcaringhouse.org/lunch
We’re “crash testing” this, and this is a draft. Please provide your feedback using the Leave a Reply / Comments section below.
- have a small group visit the house for lunch
- sandwiches and drinks would be provided by Caring House (will set aside part of our outreach funds)
- our conference room is the likely best place, where we can seat a maximum of 8
- at least 2 of the attendees would be Caring House representatives (logistics plus at least one spokesperson), leaving room for 4 or 5 outsiders
- we could tour the house
- we can get people talking about their experiences
- rather than a powerpoint type show or formal presentation, we can just have a discussion and help create a better understanding of the work of Caring House
- it will likely be attractive to attendees to know that they’ll get a chance to meet new folks from the community (attendees)
- Who do we want to attend? A starter list,
- Community leaders
- Existing and potential donors
- Existing and potential volunteers
- Members of our Circle of Advisors
- Persons who can connect Caring House more broadly in the elder care / hospice care fields
- A few examples suggested by Ellen Tarlow
- De De Hicks – volunteer center
- rotary presidents or reps
- kiwanis presidents or reps
- chamber of commerce types
- church/synagogues/mosques – lay and professional leaders
- city officials from all south bay cities
- of course, all hospices servicing our area
The consensus of the core volunteer group was to start out with Wednesdays, from 11:30 am to 1 pm. The first lunch will be July 1, 2015.
We all need to be thinking of possible attendees, and be prepared to invite them.
In terms of an “official” spokesperson, at least one board member and/or Karen (RCM) should be at each lunch.
The Calendar has been moved to be a Google Sheet. Click here to view and/or update the Calendar.
Sample email invitation (cut and paste)
Subject: Hoping you’re available for Lunch @ Caring House[invitee name]
Now that the major renovation is done, we’re ready to show off Caring House.
To do that, the Caring House volunteers are hosting “Lunch @ Caring House” – and I hope you’ll be able to attend.
The lunches are an opportunity to tour the home, sit down and connect with supporters and discuss how to make Caring House the best community service it can be.
Attendees will include a mix of community leaders, elder care, hospice and other professionals, and existing Caring House donors and volunteers.
Each Lunch is scheduled from 11:30 am to 1 pm. The dates for July are all Wednesdays.
• July 8
• July 15
• July 22
• July 29
Are you available for one of those dates? We love to have you visit.
Please let me know your availability for any of those dates, and we’ll save you a place.
If you’d rather visit Caring House at a different time, let me know that.
Wishing you the very best,