Overall responsibility for all care and resident related operations at Caring House. Includes quality of care, admission of residents, care personnel, budget, and overall care-related administration. Includes interface with families, certified home health agencies, licensed hospice, hospital social workers/discharge planners.
Responsible for marketing and outreach to care professionals and other referral sources focused on bringing residents to Caring House and maintaining the highest responsible occupancy rate.
Responsible for oversight of care staff, including hiring, training, evaluation and discipline. Participates as a member of the Caring House management team including representing Caring House to the community at large.
This is a full-time salaried position. Must be flexible to work days and be on-call as needed for nights, weekends and holidays.
Caring House has now been operating for longer than two years. We’re looking to build on our existing base, grow our occupancy level and develop our second home for the South Bay. The Resident Care Manager will be a key participant in that work.
- Accepts and advocates a philosophy of palliative and hospice care.
- Ability to deal effectively with diverse groups of people and provide leadership and direction.
- Possess good interpersonal communication and physical assessment skills.
- Able to meet on call requirements.
- Five years healthcare management experience desired.
- Experience working with persons with terminal illness preferred.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Possess good writing and computer skills.
Interested or have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org