Recently we welcomed our 100th resident and family. The following “fast facts” don’t get near telling you about the individual men and women and families we’ve been privileged to serve. But they can give an overall sense of our work.
- Youngest resident = age 48
- Oldest = age 97
- Average age when admitted = 78
- Women = 53
- Men = 47
- Veterans = 12
- Length of stay
- Shortest stay = 6 hours
- Longest stay = 107 days
- Average length of stay (departed residents) = 14 days
- Admitted using Sliding Scale = 48
- Top Hospitals Designated by Residents (18 total)
- Torrance Memorial Medical Center
- Kaiser Permanente
- Providence St. John’s
- Providence Little Company of Mary – Torrance
- Top Hospices Chosen by Residents (13 total)
- Torrance Memorial
- Providence TrinityCare
- Roze Room
The 100th Resident Milestone means we’ve improved the end of life experience for 100 men, women and families. We helped them connect with and support each other. To be families and be there for each other at a crucial time in family life.
This milestone is possible
- thanks to the trust and cooperation of our residents and their families,
- thanks to the community members and care professionals who help spread the word,
- thanks to the dedication and diligence of our staff and volunteers and
- thanks to the generosity and support of our donors.
Click here to donate now and celebrate The 100 Resident Milestone and help us continue bringing peace, comfort and support to men and women and families at the end of life.