Experienced End-of-Life Caregivers Needed
We are looking for compassionate and experienced Caregivers with prior hospice/end-of-life care experience and a minimum of 6 months direct care experience with bed-bound individuals to care for residents at the end-of-life and provide support to their families in our six-bedroom Torrance home. As an integral part of our team, you will take care of the residents’ daily needs, so family and friends can focus on connecting and just being with their loved ones.
Through this rewarding position, our caregivers provide peace, comfort, dignity and support to our residents and families in 8-hour shifts – 24/7, every day of the year – under the direction of our Resident Care Management team. We are proud to provide an average 3-to-1 resident-to-caregiver ratio, and our residents typically stay with us 45 days or less. We also partner with the hospice agency of the family’s choice, so our caregivers work in coordination with doctors, nurses, social workers and others from various hospice agencies, and they are assisted by a dedicated group of volunteers from the community. Finally, we work with comfort dogs, so all applicants should be comfortable around dogs.
- Providing comfort, support and companionship to residents and their loved ones
- Assisting residents with bathing, dressing, grooming/hygiene needs, feeding and other daily needs
- Preparing and serving meals, including assisting residents in eating/drinking when needed
- Helping with housekeeping duties, including cleaning, laundry, changing linens, etc.
- Helping residents and loved ones navigate various aspects of the end-of-life process
- Following the plan of care provided for each resident by their hospice team
- Administering medications to patients, as ordered by the hospice team, and monitoring for changes in condition
- Maintaining documentation on each resident
- Working in coordination with our partners in care – hospice doctors, nurses, social workers, chaplains, bath aides, our volunteers, other caregivers and senior staff
- Welcoming visitors, answering phones, speaking with loved ones, and providing general assistance as needed
- Completing required training and periodic updates
- Attending monthly Caregiver meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Prior hospice/end-of-life care experience
- Minimum of 6 months direct care experience with bed-bound individuals who require full care
- A compassionate heart; this is not just ‘a job’ to you!
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A team player
- Basic computer skills
- High school diploma
- Speak, read and write English clearly
- Good physical health, ability to lift/transfer
- Obtain/maintain cleared TB or chest x-ray and physical within the last 6 months
- Obtain/maintain background check with Live Scan, DOJ and FBI clearance (we will provide, if needed)
- Obtain/maintain First Aid and CPR certifications (we will provide, if not previously obtained)
- Three professional references
Additional Helpful Qualifications:
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Team Player
Starting wage of $20/hour or more, dependent upon experience and certifications
Full-time caregivers accrue vacation time; have the option to receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits; and can join the CalSavers Retirement Savings program.
If you are interested in this role, please click here to apply through our listing on Indeed.