Celebrating 7 Years of Peace at the End of Life
Sunday, February 19, 2023 marks a very special anniversary. After more than a decade of planning, organizing, fundraising and building community partnerships, Caring House opened the door to our first resident and family that day.
Much of what led up to that day 7 years ago was through the kindness of community members who volunteered their time and talents. Because of their dedication and commitment to ensuring that families in the South Bay could experience peace at the end of life, nearly 500 residents and families have come through our front door over the last 7 years.
As we celebrate this milestone, we want to thank that core group of volunteers who made it possible! You can also thank them – and honor their vision that came to fruition 7 years ago – by helping us continue to welcome residents and families to our home.
Here are a few suggestions:
- Donate $7 for each of the 7 years, plus one to grow on ($50) OR $10 for each of the 7 years ($70), or an amount that is significant to you! Click here to make your donation.
- Give the gift that keeps on giving when you sign up for automated monthly donations and become a Legionnaire. Click here to learn more and set up your monthly donation by eCheck/ACH or credit card.
- Help our house smell like home when you donate packages of cookie mix or something else from our wish list. Click here for details, including a link to the new version of our wish list on Amazon!
- Find and bring us natural heart-shaped rocks between 2 and 4 inches wide, which we use as memory stones to honor and remember our residents.
- Visit the social media post about our anniversary on Facebook and Instagram to comment with your thanks or share what Caring House means to you!