Caring House is located at 2842 El Dorado Street, Torrance, CA 90503. That’s South of Torrance Boulevard and East of Maple Avenue, in the Torrance City Hall / Madrona area of Torrance.
Be a Parking Angel. Please park in the Gold Zones (only about 15 calories away).
Help us save the closest parking for hospice staff and those unable comfortably to walk to and from the Gold Zones. Ask us for more information.
General Business Hours
Although we are open 24/7/365, general business hours are 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). Visitors are expected to respect and be sensitive to the rights of all residents and not interfere with care schedules and established activities.
Arrange a Tour
See our Arrange a Tour page to set up a mutually-convenient time for a visit.
Visiting a Resident
See our Visiting a Resident page for information on visiting hours, telephoning ahead and much more.
As a visitor to Caring House, we need your help
Caring House is part of a calm and peaceful residential neighborhood. We intend to keep it that way. We respect our neighborhood and strive to treat it and our neighbors well.
We remind all Caring House employees, volunteers, residents and visitors that each of us is responsible for treating our neighborhood and neighbors well. Examples of what being a good neighbor looks like,
- Parking: Park only in the Gold Zones (see above). Be a Parking Angel.
- Be Friendly: When we’re walking and see a neighbor on the street, we smile and say hello.
- Quiet: When we talk with others in person or on a mobile phone, we do it quietly (so no one more than 3 feet away can hear us). We close car doors quietly, start cars without revving and honk horns only in an emergency.
- Group meetings: We use the Caring House sitting areas and conference room and avoid gatherings in front of neighbor homes.
- Trash: If we find trash on the Caring House property or in the street, we put it in a waste barrel. We keep our own trash (including cigarette butts) with us and dispose of it properly in a public waste barrel, at home or at Caring House.
- Smoking: Caring House is a smoke-free property. Smoking happens only while walking and never near a neighbor’s home more than a few seconds.
- Safety: We notice anyone acting suspiciously in the neighborhood. When in doubt, we call the police.