Caring House is located at 2842 El Dorado Street, Torrance, CA 90503, south of Torrance Boulevard and east of Maple Avenue, in the City Hall/Madrona area of Torrance.
Be a Parking Angel. Please park in the Gold Zones when possible!
Since we are in a residential neighborhood with limited parking, please help us save the closest parking in front of the house for hospice staff and those unable to comfortably walk to and from the Gold Zones whenever possible.
In respect of our neighbors, we ask that you please park directly in front of the house or to the west of the house whenever possible, and please do not park directly across the street from Caring House.
We prefer if our visitors park in the parking lot at First Christian Church (blue church) at the intersection of Onrado St. and Felbar Ave., just a short walk west of Caring House. Questions? Feel free to ask us for more information!
General Business Hours
Although we are open 24/7/365, general business hours are 8 am to 8 pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). Visitors are asked to respect and be sensitive to the rights of our residents, and not interfere with care schedules and established activities.
Arrange a Tour
See our Arrange a Tour page to set up a mutually-convenient time for a visit.
Visiting a Resident
See our Visiting a Resident page for information on visiting hours, telephoning ahead and much more.
As a visitor to Caring House, we need your help!
Caring House is part of a calm and peaceful residential neighborhood. We respect our neighborhood, and we strive to treat it and our neighbors well.
We ask all Caring House employees, volunteers, residents and visitors to help us treat our neighborhood and neighbors with respect as well.
- Parking: Be a Parking Angel and park only in the Gold Zones (see above).
- Be Friendly: Our neighborhood is friendly! When walking to and from the house, we welcome you to smile and say hello.
- Quiet: When talking with others in person or on a mobile phone, please do it quietly, so no one more than 3 feet away can hear you. Please also close car doors quietly, start cars without revving, and only honk horns in an emergency.
- Group meetings: Feel free to use the Caring House sitting areas and conference room in order to avoid gathering in front of neighborhood homes.
- Trash: If you find trash on the Caring House property or in the street, please put it in a waste barrel. We keep our own trash (including cigarette butts) with us and dispose of it properly in a public waste barrel, at home or at Caring House.
- Smoking: Caring House is a smoke-free property. Please smoke only while walking and never near a neighbor’s home for more than a few seconds.
- Safety: Please take notice of anyone acting suspiciously in the neighborhood. When in doubt, call the police.