Caring House is located at 2842 El Dorado Street, Torrance, CA 90503, south of Torrance Boulevard and east of Maple Avenue, in the City Hall/Madrona area of Torrance. We’ve included important details about parking below.
General Business Hours
Although we are open 24/7/365, general business hours are 9 am to 6 pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). Visitors are asked to respect and be sensitive to the rights of our residents, and not interfere with care schedules and established activities.
If you plan to visit, please review our visitor policy, procedures and other important details.
To protect our residents, families, volunteers and staff, please do not come to Caring House if you feel sick or have flu-like symptoms.
Arrange a Tour
See our Arrange a Tour page to set up a mutually-convenient time for a visit.
Be a Parking Angel. Please park at the Blue Church or in the Gold Zones when possible!
Since we are in a residential neighborhood with limited parking, we try to save the two spaces on the street directly in front of Caring House for residents’ families, hospice staff or those unable to comfortably walk further distances.
We prefer if our visitors park in the parking lot at First Christian Church (the blue church) at the corner of El Dorado St. and Felbar Ave. (the parking lot entrance is on Felbar), or in the Gold Zones. Questions? Feel free to ask us for more information!
As a visitor to Caring House, we need your help!
Caring House is part of a calm and peaceful residential neighborhood. We respect our neighborhood, and we strive to treat it and our neighbors well. We ask all Caring House staff, volunteers, residents and visitors to help us treat our neighborhood and neighbors with respect as well.
- Parking: Be a Parking Angel (see parking details above).
- Quiet: When talking with others in person or on a mobile phone, please do it quietly, so no one more than 3 feet away can hear you. Please also close car doors quietly, start cars without revving, and only honk horns in an emergency.
- Group meetings: Feel free to use our back garden, sitting areas and conference room in order to avoid gathering in front of neighborhood homes.
- Trash: If you find trash on our property or in the street, please put it in a waste barrel.
- Smoking: Caring House is a smoke-free property. Please smoke only while walking and never near a neighbor’s home for more than a few seconds.
- Be Friendly: Our neighborhood is friendly! When walking to and from the house, we welcome you to smile and say hello.
- Safety: Please take notice of anyone acting suspiciously in the neighborhood. When in doubt, call the police.